Joey Lopez: "I don't even know if I'm alive or dead anymore"
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An emotional interview from a man on trial for murder caused him to break down in tears while listening to the audiotape interrogation.
Joey Lopez is facing murder charges for gunning down a beer delivery driver two years ago.
Thursday morning in court, Lopez wiped away tears as the court listened to an interview he gave investigators hours after Richard Hernandez was killed.
Hernandez was getting ready to make his first delivery of the day at a mini-mart at Belmont and Palm when he was shot to death.
During the interview, homicide detectives repeatedly asked him why he murdered a man he never knew.
Joey Lopez: "You could look at me like I'm a bad person. But, I know I have a good heart, alright. But I don't even know if I'm alive or dead anymore, alright. It doesn't make no sense to me."
Detective: "It makes perfect sense."
The getaway driver has already pleaded guilty and testified against Lopez as part of a plea deal.
If convicted, Lopez could serve 55 years to life in prison.
murder, crimetracker, court, shooting, fresno police department, local
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies 13 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos