Chukchansi tribal member truce is over
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff will keep his deputies in front of the Chukchansi tribal office through the weekend.
Sheriff John Anderson tells ABC30 he spent most of the day trying to help the two dueling factions negotiate, but says neither side will budge.
Earlier this week a group of people barricaded themselves inside the government office. A second group tried to regain control, and a riot ensued landing two people in the hospital.
Thursday night the sheriff says he's tallying the expense, and trying to maintain the peace. "We're being criticized when we don't and when we do do something and neither side is very happy with the other side and now they're not happy with us, but it comes with the territory and hopefully resolved as soon as it can."
The general manager at the Chukchansi casino says this ongoing dispute isn't affecting business or reservations.
crimetracker, coarsegold, stabbing, chukchansi gold resort & casino, madera county, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 37 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path 52 min ago
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case