Fatal crash in SW Fresno near California & Hughes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol believes two drivers involved in a deadly Fresno crash were racing before they both lost control of their vehicles.
It happened on California near Hughes around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Both vehicles were heading west when one driver hit a power pole, shearing it in half. That vehicle ended up in a field in front of a home. A passenger in that vehicle died at the scene and three others, including the driver, were taken to the hospital.
The other vehicle ended up on the side of the road. Investigators believe the driver of that vehicle ran away from the scene.
Witnesses also reported hearing gunshots prior to the crash, but at this point, officers haven't found any weapons or shell casings in the area that would indicate a shooting.
crimetracker, accident, dui, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local, amanda perez
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 47 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies