Bike rider killed in collision with big rig in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicycle rider was killed, just before noon Friday, on Ashlan near Golden State, after colliding with a oversized big rig.
Fresno Police said a oversized big rig was turning on to Ashlan from Highway 99 when a bicycle rider hit the truck, then fell under the wheels.
According to police, the person on the bike died on impact.
The accident, along with road construction on Shaw Ave., has caused major traffic backups in the area.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this developing story...
accident, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno