Bike rider killed in collision with big rig in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicycle rider was killed, just before noon Friday, on Ashlan near Golden State, after colliding with a oversized big rig.
Fresno Police said a oversized big rig was turning on to Ashlan from Highway 99 when a bicycle rider hit the truck, then fell under the wheels.
According to police, the person on the bike died on impact.
The accident, along with road construction on Shaw Ave., has caused major traffic backups in the area.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this developing story...
accident, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members