Farmersville mom arrested after baby found in trash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have arrested the mother of a newborn baby. The child's body was found in a trash can in Farmersville late last year.
Action News first told you about the story back in October. Police were called to a home on Shasta Avenue near Ash Avenue in Farmersville, where they found the child's body. They believe the baby was born at the home earlier in the day.
Friday, the child's mother, Danielle Downing, 23, was arrested by investigators. She's charged with homicide and child abuse and endangerment.
Downing is expected in Tulare County court to answer to those charges on Tuesday.
farmersville, tulare county, court, crimetracker, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region