Farmersville mom arrested after baby found in trash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have arrested the mother of a newborn baby. The child's body was found in a trash can in Farmersville late last year.
Action News first told you about the story back in October. Police were called to a home on Shasta Avenue near Ash Avenue in Farmersville, where they found the child's body. They believe the baby was born at the home earlier in the day.
Friday, the child's mother, Danielle Downing, 23, was arrested by investigators. She's charged with homicide and child abuse and endangerment.
Downing is expected in Tulare County court to answer to those charges on Tuesday.
farmersville, tulare county, court, crimetracker, local
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno 43 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide