Farmersville mom arrested after baby found in trash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have arrested the mother of a newborn baby. The child's body was found in a trash can in Farmersville late last year.
Action News first told you about the story back in October. Police were called to a home on Shasta Avenue near Ash Avenue in Farmersville, where they found the child's body. They believe the baby was born at the home earlier in the day.
Friday, the child's mother, Danielle Downing, 23, was arrested by investigators. She's charged with homicide and child abuse and endangerment.
Downing is expected in Tulare County court to answer to those charges on Tuesday.
farmersville, tulare county, court, crimetracker, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 5 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 36 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos