Farmersville mom arrested after baby found in trash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have arrested the mother of a newborn baby. The child's body was found in a trash can in Farmersville late last year.
Action News first told you about the story back in October. Police were called to a home on Shasta Avenue near Ash Avenue in Farmersville, where they found the child's body. They believe the baby was born at the home earlier in the day.
Friday, the child's mother, Danielle Downing, 23, was arrested by investigators. She's charged with homicide and child abuse and endangerment.
Downing is expected in Tulare County court to answer to those charges on Tuesday.
farmersville, tulare county, court, crimetracker, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno