Investigators say Fresno house fire was arson
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say someone set a house on fire in Central Fresno Friday night.
The arson happened just before midnight at a home near Clinton and Del Mar.
The home was filled with smoke when firefighters arrived.
The family living there was able to get out safely.
Crews put out the flames in must minutes, but they say the fire caused about $50 thousand in damage.
Investigators found someone intentionally started the fire in two different rooms.
Fresno fire officials say the people renting the house were supposed to move out yesterday.
The family is now staying with relatives.
It's not clear yet if they had anything to do with the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, arson, crimetracker, local
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation 28 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 57 min ago
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety