Investigators say Fresno house fire was arson
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say someone set a house on fire in Central Fresno Friday night.
The arson happened just before midnight at a home near Clinton and Del Mar.
The home was filled with smoke when firefighters arrived.
The family living there was able to get out safely.
Crews put out the flames in must minutes, but they say the fire caused about $50 thousand in damage.
Investigators found someone intentionally started the fire in two different rooms.
Fresno fire officials say the people renting the house were supposed to move out yesterday.
The family is now staying with relatives.
It's not clear yet if they had anything to do with the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, arson, crimetracker, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 9 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case