Strathmore HS Coach fired after child porn accusations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley high school coach arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornography will be released from custody Monday.
The Tulare County district attorney's office has not filed charges against Paul Corona III, 25 of Porterville.
Corona was a wrestling coach and campus supervisor at Strathmore High School.
He was arrested last Thursday after police say his cell phone containing explicit images was found at the school.
Authorities say he had been exchanging sexually explicit pictures messages with a student on campus.
School officials say Corona has since been terminated.
Porterville Unified Superintendent, Dr. John Snavely said, "We strongly discourage personal contact between students and staff and only ask that if there is a need for communication that it be professional for school related matters and such."
The sheriff's office says their investigation against Corona is still ongoing and they expect to resubmit their case at a later date.
porterville, sex crimes, strathmore, tulare county, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 58 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 6 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
57 min ago