WIC vouchers: making better choices
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Reading labels in the grocery store isn't always a habit, but those who do can make better choices.
One group of low-income moms and mom's-to-be learned firsthand how to do just that.
In Fresno County, EOC offers a program aimed at steering pregnant and nursing moms toward healthy choices when using their WIC vouchers.
On Tuesday, they were learning about comparison shopping and nutritional values, and how to stretch their budgets and still offer tasty meals at the table.
In less than an hour they learned to read labels, bag their own fruit and how to choose healthy boxes of cereal.
WIC vouchers are accepted in numerous stories in Fresno County.
local, nancy osborne
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case