WIC vouchers: making better choices
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Reading labels in the grocery store isn't always a habit, but those who do can make better choices.
One group of low-income moms and mom's-to-be learned firsthand how to do just that.
In Fresno County, EOC offers a program aimed at steering pregnant and nursing moms toward healthy choices when using their WIC vouchers.
On Tuesday, they were learning about comparison shopping and nutritional values, and how to stretch their budgets and still offer tasty meals at the table.
In less than an hour they learned to read labels, bag their own fruit and how to choose healthy boxes of cereal.
WIC vouchers are accepted in numerous stories in Fresno County.
local, nancy osborne
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos