Secret Service investigates counterfeiter case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A counterfeiter may have more victims than the Girl Scouts Action News told you about Tuesday night.
Julie Curry claims a woman with a similar description came into her Clovis boutique on Friday, and used a counterfeit $100 bill to pay for merchandise.
Curry thought the note looked strange, and a bank teller convinced her to call police. You'll recall, The Girl Scout council says someone is using counterfeit money to buy cookies.
Cowgirl Glitz Boutique owner, Julie Curry said, "When I saw the story on the Girl Scouts taking it, that people need to know in the community that this person is out there"
The Secret Service is now involved, and investigating both incidents.
fresno county, crimetracker, scams, fresno, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000 36 min ago
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- Holiday season cookies and cocktails
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos