Millerton New Town project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big development project in the foothills above Fresno, may soon be getting bigger.
The Fresno County Planning Commission approved a tentative tract map for a 79-home subdivision. The vote was unanimous - nine to zero.
Austin Ewell, with the Clarksfield Company said, "Now we will continue our work with the county and engineers to move forward with infrastructure and improvement plans in order to move forward with a final map."
The developer says homes in that subdivision could be ready for purchase in about three to five years. When finished, the Millerton New Town project will consist of more than 3,000 houses.
Opponents are concerned that the 10,000 people living up there will cause traffic congestion, air pollution, and have a negative impact on the lake and the San Joaquin River.
millerton lake, friant, fresno county, fresno, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low