Millerton New Town project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big development project in the foothills above Fresno, may soon be getting bigger.
The Fresno County Planning Commission approved a tentative tract map for a 79-home subdivision. The vote was unanimous - nine to zero.
Austin Ewell, with the Clarksfield Company said, "Now we will continue our work with the county and engineers to move forward with infrastructure and improvement plans in order to move forward with a final map."
The developer says homes in that subdivision could be ready for purchase in about three to five years. When finished, the Millerton New Town project will consist of more than 3,000 houses.
Opponents are concerned that the 10,000 people living up there will cause traffic congestion, air pollution, and have a negative impact on the lake and the San Joaquin River.
millerton lake, friant, fresno county, fresno, local
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case 48 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Accuweather Forecast
52 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos