Underage suspect arrested in Fresno meth bust
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police have made two arrests after a drug deal allegedly set up by an underage suspect.
Investigators say the minor and a 23-year-old man reportedly met with officers near Freeway 41 and North Avenue Wednesday night offering to sell undercover agents five pounds of methamphetamine -- a stash worth about $180 thousand.
Authorities are not revealing his identity, but say the boy had been unknowingly negotiating with undercover officers for about two weeks.
Both suspects were taken into custody as soon as officers got a look at the drugs.
crimetracker, drug bust, fresno, fresno county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges involving a minor 4 min ago
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno 32 min ago
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Fire Safety