Injunction issued against Sanger gang
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County officials are sending a strong message to a well-known Sanger street gang.
Tuesday afternoon the Multi-Agency Gang Enforcement Consortium, also known as MAGEC, announced a permanent injunction against the Varrio Sanger Trece Surenos.
The injunction has been in the works for about a year and prohibits gang members from associating with each other in public places.
"We're hoping that this will send a strong message to our community that we will not tolerate gangs, gang violence and the negative influences they have on our youth," Sanger Police Chief Thomas Whiteside said.
This is the second gang injunction in Sanger.
The last one was issued in 2003 and according to the DA's office it led to a 52 percent decline in calls for service.
sanger, fresno county, gang, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Fresno State Bulldogs arrive in Las Vegas
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos