Injunction issued against Sanger gang
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County officials are sending a strong message to a well-known Sanger street gang.
Tuesday afternoon the Multi-Agency Gang Enforcement Consortium, also known as MAGEC, announced a permanent injunction against the Varrio Sanger Trece Surenos.
The injunction has been in the works for about a year and prohibits gang members from associating with each other in public places.
"We're hoping that this will send a strong message to our community that we will not tolerate gangs, gang violence and the negative influences they have on our youth," Sanger Police Chief Thomas Whiteside said.
This is the second gang injunction in Sanger.
The last one was issued in 2003 and according to the DA's office it led to a 52 percent decline in calls for service.
sanger, fresno county, gang, local
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 5 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose...
19 min ago