Former Fresno pot dispensary owner headed to trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge has decided there's enough evidence for an attempted kidnapping trial against a former pot dispensary owner who's now running for mayor of Fresno.
Rick Morse and his son, Brandon, are charged with trying to kidnap a city attorney in May 2010.
Michael Flores had filed an injunction to close the Morses' medical marijuana dispensary in the Tower District.
The Morses claimed they were making a citizen's arrest as they tried to handcuff Flores outside the civil courthouse.
Investigators say they were trying to illegally take Flores to Sacramento.
fresno, fresno county, kidnapping, crimetracker, fresno tower district, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman