Former Fresno pot dispensary owner headed to trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge has decided there's enough evidence for an attempted kidnapping trial against a former pot dispensary owner who's now running for mayor of Fresno.
Rick Morse and his son, Brandon, are charged with trying to kidnap a city attorney in May 2010.
Michael Flores had filed an injunction to close the Morses' medical marijuana dispensary in the Tower District.
The Morses claimed they were making a citizen's arrest as they tried to handcuff Flores outside the civil courthouse.
Investigators say they were trying to illegally take Flores to Sacramento.
fresno, fresno county, kidnapping, crimetracker, fresno tower district, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos