Attorney in Fresno Co teacher sex case arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies handcuffed and arrested the attorney for a former teacher -- accused of having sexual relations with one of her students.
Investigators say Rick Berman was entering the courthouse, with Nadia Diaz when Berman had a scuffle with a deputy working security. They say Berman shoved a deputy who was trying to take a banned item away from either Diaz or her sister.
Berman told Action News, he wouldn't initiate contact with a deputy because he's still recovering from back surgery five months ago. He says the deputy was the aggressor.
Diaz later appeared in court and pleaded not guilty to the charges against her. She actually confessed the crime to her bosses at the school -- according to court records uncovered by Action News.
crimetracker, sex crimes, easton, fresno county, local
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 8 min ago
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi 56 min ago
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm