Attorney in Fresno Co teacher sex case arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies handcuffed and arrested the attorney for a former teacher -- accused of having sexual relations with one of her students.
Investigators say Rick Berman was entering the courthouse, with Nadia Diaz when Berman had a scuffle with a deputy working security. They say Berman shoved a deputy who was trying to take a banned item away from either Diaz or her sister.
Berman told Action News, he wouldn't initiate contact with a deputy because he's still recovering from back surgery five months ago. He says the deputy was the aggressor.
Diaz later appeared in court and pleaded not guilty to the charges against her. She actually confessed the crime to her bosses at the school -- according to court records uncovered by Action News.
crimetracker, sex crimes, easton, fresno county, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 5 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident