Kings Co boy, 8, reunites with mom after abduction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An eight year old boy from Kings County is back with his mother after an abduction that took seven years to resolve.
This is a photo of Timothy Torres and his mom shortly after they were reunited earlier this week.
Lorena Tello had not seen her son since June of 2005. Authorities say that's when Timothy's father kidnapped the boy and took him from Kings County to Mexico. Timothy was just seventeen months old at the time.
Investigators say the boy's father eventually returned to the United States to find work in New Jersey, where he was arrested. He's being brought back to Kings County to face kidnapping charges.
crimetracker, kings county, kidnapping, local
- Large explosion, building collapse reported in Harlem 1 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence