Kings Co boy, 8, reunites with mom after abduction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An eight year old boy from Kings County is back with his mother after an abduction that took seven years to resolve.
This is a photo of Timothy Torres and his mom shortly after they were reunited earlier this week.
Lorena Tello had not seen her son since June of 2005. Authorities say that's when Timothy's father kidnapped the boy and took him from Kings County to Mexico. Timothy was just seventeen months old at the time.
Investigators say the boy's father eventually returned to the United States to find work in New Jersey, where he was arrested. He's being brought back to Kings County to face kidnapping charges.
crimetracker, kings county, kidnapping, local
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community 55 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera