Wet weather is forcing a change of plans
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friday's storm is affecting people's travel plans. Flights coming in and out of Fresno were delayed.
Sisters, Lacy and Katie Dale of Porterville sat inside the Fresno-Yosemite International Airport for several hours Friday night. They were waiting for their other sister to arrive from Portland. But, because of bad weather, that wait turned out to be longer than expected.
Katie Dale said, "It was supposed to be here at 5:30, 6 o'clock. What does the board say? 8:45. right now, it says 8:45."
A total of six arriving flights were delayed, including, one from Los Angeles by more than two hours. Departing flights fared better, but not by much. Instead of getting home to Seattle by 10, it's now looking like midnight for John Harris.
John Harris said, "No I fly back and forth from Seattle once every six weeks or so, and this is the first time, it's ever been delayed this long."
While the rain impacted people's travel plans, it didn't prevent baseball fans from showing their support at Fresno State. People there braved the wet conditions, by layering up and using umbrellas. But, this is only the beginning of what will turn into a much more powerful storm, complete with both rain and snow. And for that reason, PG&E crews rested on Friday, so they can be ready for the weekend ahead.
Denny Boyles with PG&E said, "They'll have some extra crews resting while we don't need them so that once the storm hits we can maintain 24 hour staffing."
City crews are also preparing for this weekend.
If you live in Fresno for example, you can call 621-CITY for any flood related issues.
local, shannon handy
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 37 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago