Man, 30, dies in snowboarding accident at China Peak
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A snowboarder has died after getting stuck in deep snow at China Peak Mountain resort over the weekend.
The snowboarder has been identified as 30-year-old Kynan Stanners from the Bass Lake area.
Stanners was in an area with "advanced terrain and deep snow" on Sunday when he fell in head-first and couldn't dig himself out.
China Peak received more than five feet of snow between Friday and Sunday.
China Peak's owner says Stanners was in an open, ungroomed area.
He was snowboarding with a friend But got separated from him.
Stanners was found about 30 minutes after he got stuck.
He was given CPR, but was pronounced dead soon after.
china peak, shaver lake, huntington lake, auberry, fresno county, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region