Man, 30, dies in snowboarding accident at China Peak
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A snowboarder has died after getting stuck in deep snow at China Peak Mountain resort over the weekend.
The snowboarder has been identified as 30-year-old Kynan Stanners from the Bass Lake area.
Stanners was in an area with "advanced terrain and deep snow" on Sunday when he fell in head-first and couldn't dig himself out.
China Peak received more than five feet of snow between Friday and Sunday.
China Peak's owner says Stanners was in an open, ungroomed area.
He was snowboarding with a friend But got separated from him.
Stanners was found about 30 minutes after he got stuck.
He was given CPR, but was pronounced dead soon after.
china peak, shaver lake, huntington lake, auberry, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos