Man, 30, dies in snowboarding accident at China Peak
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A snowboarder has died after getting stuck in deep snow at China Peak Mountain resort over the weekend.
The snowboarder has been identified as 30-year-old Kynan Stanners from the Bass Lake area.
Stanners was in an area with "advanced terrain and deep snow" on Sunday when he fell in head-first and couldn't dig himself out.
China Peak received more than five feet of snow between Friday and Sunday.
China Peak's owner says Stanners was in an open, ungroomed area.
He was snowboarding with a friend But got separated from him.
Stanners was found about 30 minutes after he got stuck.
He was given CPR, but was pronounced dead soon after.
china peak, shaver lake, huntington lake, auberry, fresno county, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 20 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law