Man, 30, dies in snowboarding accident at China Peak
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A snowboarder has died after getting stuck in deep snow at China Peak Mountain resort over the weekend.
The snowboarder has been identified as 30-year-old Kynan Stanners from the Bass Lake area.
Stanners was in an area with "advanced terrain and deep snow" on Sunday when he fell in head-first and couldn't dig himself out.
China Peak received more than five feet of snow between Friday and Sunday.
China Peak's owner says Stanners was in an open, ungroomed area.
He was snowboarding with a friend But got separated from him.
Stanners was found about 30 minutes after he got stuck.
He was given CPR, but was pronounced dead soon after.
china peak, shaver lake, huntington lake, auberry, fresno county, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- 2-year-old Fresno boy to be on America's...
34 min ago