Man, 30, dies in snowboarding accident at China Peak
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A snowboarder has died after getting stuck in deep snow at China Peak Mountain resort over the weekend.
The snowboarder has been identified as 30-year-old Kynan Stanners from the Bass Lake area.
Stanners was in an area with "advanced terrain and deep snow" on Sunday when he fell in head-first and couldn't dig himself out.
China Peak received more than five feet of snow between Friday and Sunday.
China Peak's owner says Stanners was in an open, ungroomed area.
He was snowboarding with a friend But got separated from him.
Stanners was found about 30 minutes after he got stuck.
He was given CPR, but was pronounced dead soon after.
china peak, shaver lake, huntington lake, auberry, fresno county, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 30 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos