Judge issues warrant for former Clovis fire captain
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge has issued an arrest warrant for a former fire captain accused of embezzling money from the Clovis Firefighters' Association.
John Watson resigned from the fire department in January. He now faces one felony charge of embezzlement by a public officer.
Watson served a long career at the Clovis Fire Department, including 10-years as treasurer for the union which represents dozens of firefighters.
Investigators estimate as much as $150 thousand disappeared from the union's bank accounts.
Clovis Police wrote in the warrants that Watson confessed to taking and using more than $50 thousand.
Watson told Action News in January that he was trying to give it all back.
clovis police department, crimetracker, clovis, fresno, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies