Porterville clerk shot in the neck
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the South Valley are looking for whoever shot a clerk at a mini mart Wednesday night.
The shooting happened at La Raza Mini Mart in Southeast Porterville.
Investigators say two men wearing dark clothing walked into the store and demanded money from the cashier. When he refused, they shot him in the neck. The clerk is expected to survive.
Police say the store has a history of violence. Last July, a store clerk shot at a suspect trying to rob the mini-mart -- and in September of 2010 - a clerk was shot and killed during a similar crime.
Sgt. Rick Carrillo said, "The robbery and the violence involved definitely concerns us and it's a matter that is getting an awful lot of attention and a lot of man hours are working on it to bring it to an end."
Police are reviewing surveillance tapes to identify the shooters. Anyone with information is asked to call the Porterville Police Department.
crimetracker, shooting, robbery, porterville, tulare county, tulare, visalia, local, jessica peres
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development 27 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- City of Fresno to hire 8 people to help...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos