Car crashes into Fresno State Farm Market
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital Friday after he crashed his car into the Fresno State Farm Market.
Police say the incident happened shortly after midnight near Barstow and Chestnut. Officers saw a car that was illegally parked. When police approached the car, they say the driver sped away -- eventually driving onto Fresno State property and crashing into the Farm Market.
Officers found two people in the vehicle, one of which they say is a gang member. "Our gang unit is aware of who he is but we're not releasing his name just yet, in case he's related to something else that's going on in the area," said Eric Hodge with the Fresno Police Department.
Authorities say they found a pistol in the vehicle but they're not sure why the suspect had it. Police say there is a lot of damage to the property but no one was seriously injured, including the passenger of the vehicle.
accident, gang, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos