Chief Dyer reveals details in Fresno murder-suicide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police said 74 year old Dan Andersen shot and killed his neighbor. 59 year old Franko Cardoza was shot seven times.
Police say the two men had argued over their dogs for the past five years. The fence between their neighboring condos was being repaired - so both of the men's dogs had wandered between yards.
Andersen confronted Cardoza Thursday afternoon - when Cardoza was trying to get Andersen's dog out of his yard. The two got into a violent fight. A short time later - Cardoza was shot and killed just feet from his front door.
Chief Dyer says the tragedy has now changed the lives of the victim and suspect's widows forever. "We have two widows that are left behind, that now live next to each other, trying to make sense of why both of their husbands are dead."
Police say Andersen left his wife two voice messages before taking his life in the parking lot at River Park. Police are waiting on toxicology reports on both men.
crimetracker, murder-suicide, shooting, fresno, fresno northwest, fresno county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members 43 min ago
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game 50 min ago
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Fresno's Operation Bulldog cracks down on...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos