Fire destroys big rig on Highway 99
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A close call for a driver, after his truck caught fire on the side of Highway 99.
It happened Sunday morning, near North Avenue. The driver of the semi says he pulled over when he started to see smoke. He then opened the hood, saw fire, and tried unsuccessfully to put it out.
"I tried to extinguish it but I can't because the fire was too high. And I'm scared - I run away," said Pablo Hernandez of Strathmore.
The truck's cab was completely destroyed, but firefighters were able to save most of the trailer. The driver was pretty shaken up but was not injured.
fire, fowler, fresno southeast, fresno southwest, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 25 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 37 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 19 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 52 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game 4 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos