Fire destroys big rig on Highway 99
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A close call for a driver, after his truck caught fire on the side of Highway 99.
It happened Sunday morning, near North Avenue. The driver of the semi says he pulled over when he started to see smoke. He then opened the hood, saw fire, and tried unsuccessfully to put it out.
"I tried to extinguish it but I can't because the fire was too high. And I'm scared - I run away," said Pablo Hernandez of Strathmore.
The truck's cab was completely destroyed, but firefighters were able to save most of the trailer. The driver was pretty shaken up but was not injured.
fire, fowler, fresno southeast, fresno southwest, fresno county, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos