Body found in submerged vehicle near Los Banos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley have discovered a body inside a S.U.V. that sank in a remote area of Merced County nearly two years ago.
Dive teams recovered the vehicle on Friday near the Los Banos detention dam. The vehicle was reported missing in May 2010, but water levels did not dip to levels where the car could be seen until last week. When a dive team arrived to remove the vehicle, they discovered a body was still inside.
Investigators say the person's identity will not be available until an autopsy is performed.
crimetracker, los banos, merced county, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 11 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos