Los Banos couple faces child molestation charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos couple has been arrested on charges relating to child molestation.
Police say Andrew Mejia secretly videotaped a 17-year-old at his home. The couple work as groundskeepers at the Los Banos Unified School District and have been placed on paid administrative leave.
The Los Banos Unified Superintendent, Steve Tietjen told Action News, "Although the occurrence did not occur at school, the allegation of molesting a minor under the age of 17 is of course very serious, especially serious for a school employee because the concern by all parents is, will my children be safe."
Investigators would not say if the victim is related to the suspects. They don't believe there are other victims at this time.
crimetracker, sex crimes, los banos, merced county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos