Los Banos couple faces child molestation charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Banos couple has been arrested on charges relating to child molestation.
Police say Andrew Mejia secretly videotaped a 17-year-old at his home. The couple work as groundskeepers at the Los Banos Unified School District and have been placed on paid administrative leave.
The Los Banos Unified Superintendent, Steve Tietjen told Action News, "Although the occurrence did not occur at school, the allegation of molesting a minor under the age of 17 is of course very serious, especially serious for a school employee because the concern by all parents is, will my children be safe."
Investigators would not say if the victim is related to the suspects. They don't believe there are other victims at this time.
crimetracker, sex crimes, los banos, merced county, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 45 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident