Tulare Co teacher accused of sex assault 10 years ago
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A sixth grade teacher and athletics director in Tulare County will face a judge Tuesday on charges of sexually abusing a minor. Reedley Police say the incident happened ten years ago.
The victim is now a teenager and claims 41-year-old David Blancas was the student's teacher when the abuse occurred. Blancas works for the Monson Sultana School District and is on paid leave. Students went home with letters for their parents -- although the abuse did not happen at the school.
"This is a safe place for their kids to come, we are taking steps," said Superintendent, Roy Woods. "He has been arrested, he is not here and does not pose a threat to anybody."
The school district is launching its own investigation. If convicted, Blancas will likely have to register as a sex offender.
sex crimes, crimetracker, tulare, tulare county, visalia, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident