Tulare Co teacher accused of sex assault 10 years ago
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A sixth grade teacher and athletics director in Tulare County will face a judge Tuesday on charges of sexually abusing a minor. Reedley Police say the incident happened ten years ago.
The victim is now a teenager and claims 41-year-old David Blancas was the student's teacher when the abuse occurred. Blancas works for the Monson Sultana School District and is on paid leave. Students went home with letters for their parents -- although the abuse did not happen at the school.
"This is a safe place for their kids to come, we are taking steps," said Superintendent, Roy Woods. "He has been arrested, he is not here and does not pose a threat to anybody."
The school district is launching its own investigation. If convicted, Blancas will likely have to register as a sex offender.
sex crimes, crimetracker, tulare, tulare county, visalia, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 11 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos