Tulare Co teacher accused of sex assault 10 years ago
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A sixth grade teacher and athletics director in Tulare County will face a judge Tuesday on charges of sexually abusing a minor. Reedley Police say the incident happened ten years ago.
The victim is now a teenager and claims 41-year-old David Blancas was the student's teacher when the abuse occurred. Blancas works for the Monson Sultana School District and is on paid leave. Students went home with letters for their parents -- although the abuse did not happen at the school.
"This is a safe place for their kids to come, we are taking steps," said Superintendent, Roy Woods. "He has been arrested, he is not here and does not pose a threat to anybody."
The school district is launching its own investigation. If convicted, Blancas will likely have to register as a sex offender.
sex crimes, crimetracker, tulare, tulare county, visalia, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos