Fresno Police officer injured in motorcycle crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno Police motorcycle officer was involved in a crash at Shaw and Polk Tuesday morning.
The accident happened around seven Tuesday morning at the intersection of Shaw and Polk Avenue in Northwest Fresno.
The officer, who has been identified by the Fresno Police Department as Traffic Officer Mario Toscano, was taken to the hospital with a broken wrist and a head laceration.
Investigators said Tuesday afternoon that Toscano collided with a Jeep making an abrupt turn in front of him. The driver of the Jeep was not injured in the crash.
Roads in the area were closed for hours as police investigated the crash, but have since reopened. The crash remains under investigation.
fresno police department, accident, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, tommy tran
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos