Fresno Police officer injured in motorcycle crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno Police motorcycle officer was involved in a crash at Shaw and Polk Tuesday morning.
The accident happened around seven Tuesday morning at the intersection of Shaw and Polk Avenue in Northwest Fresno.
The officer, who has been identified by the Fresno Police Department as Traffic Officer Mario Toscano, was taken to the hospital with a broken wrist and a head laceration.
Investigators said Tuesday afternoon that Toscano collided with a Jeep making an abrupt turn in front of him. The driver of the Jeep was not injured in the crash.
Roads in the area were closed for hours as police investigated the crash, but have since reopened. The crash remains under investigation.
fresno police department, accident, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, tommy tran
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos