Lemoore teacher faces child abuse charges on student
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Department is investigating a case of child abuse at Kings Christian School near Lemoore.
Deputies say on Monday a 15-year-old student told them that a part-time shop teacher at the school grabbed him with pliers and pinched him on several occasions. The teacher has been identified as Lucio Montoya.
The student said during shop class Montoya came up behind him and pinched him with needle-nosed pliers on several occasions. A short time later, the student said Montoya was behind him, but felt something on his neck. The student said he turned around to see Montoya had been holding a utility knife against his neck -- and the blade had cut him.
According to the Kings County Sheriff's department, Montoya did not send the student to be treated and only provided him with a small bandage. The parents of the student later took him to their private physician where the cut was properly treated.
Montoya was taken to the Kings County jail and booked. The case will be submitted to the Kings County District Attorney's Office for review.
lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?