Lemoore teacher faces child abuse charges on student
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Department is investigating a case of child abuse at Kings Christian School near Lemoore.
Deputies say on Monday a 15-year-old student told them that a part-time shop teacher at the school grabbed him with pliers and pinched him on several occasions. The teacher has been identified as Lucio Montoya.
The student said during shop class Montoya came up behind him and pinched him with needle-nosed pliers on several occasions. A short time later, the student said Montoya was behind him, but felt something on his neck. The student said he turned around to see Montoya had been holding a utility knife against his neck -- and the blade had cut him.
According to the Kings County Sheriff's department, Montoya did not send the student to be treated and only provided him with a small bandage. The parents of the student later took him to their private physician where the cut was properly treated.
Montoya was taken to the Kings County jail and booked. The case will be submitted to the Kings County District Attorney's Office for review.
lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos