Lemoore teacher faces child abuse charges on student
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Department is investigating a case of child abuse at Kings Christian School near Lemoore.
Deputies say on Monday a 15-year-old student told them that a part-time shop teacher at the school grabbed him with pliers and pinched him on several occasions. The teacher has been identified as Lucio Montoya.
The student said during shop class Montoya came up behind him and pinched him with needle-nosed pliers on several occasions. A short time later, the student said Montoya was behind him, but felt something on his neck. The student said he turned around to see Montoya had been holding a utility knife against his neck -- and the blade had cut him.
According to the Kings County Sheriff's department, Montoya did not send the student to be treated and only provided him with a small bandage. The parents of the student later took him to their private physician where the cut was properly treated.
Montoya was taken to the Kings County jail and booked. The case will be submitted to the Kings County District Attorney's Office for review.
lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos