Shot fired at Northwest Fresno home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating the incident on North Fruit near Shaw Avenue.
Deputies say just after 9 a.m. Thursday morning, a woman was talking to a handyman in her home when they heard a knock at the door. When the woman went to answer the door a man forced his way into the home, followed by another man. Deputies say there was a scuffle with the handyman and the two suspects, one of them had a gun and a gunshot was fired. The woman got out of the home moments later.
No one was hit by the gunfire, the handyman had minor injuries from scuffle.
Deputies say the two suspects took off in a car soon after. It is not known if they took off with any items belonging to the victims.
Fruit is shut down from Shaw Avenue to Rialto Avenue while deputies investigate the incident.
crimetracker, home invasion, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies