Shot fired at Northwest Fresno home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating the incident on North Fruit near Shaw Avenue.
Deputies say just after 9 a.m. Thursday morning, a woman was talking to a handyman in her home when they heard a knock at the door. When the woman went to answer the door a man forced his way into the home, followed by another man. Deputies say there was a scuffle with the handyman and the two suspects, one of them had a gun and a gunshot was fired. The woman got out of the home moments later.
No one was hit by the gunfire, the handyman had minor injuries from scuffle.
Deputies say the two suspects took off in a car soon after. It is not known if they took off with any items belonging to the victims.
Fruit is shut down from Shaw Avenue to Rialto Avenue while deputies investigate the incident.
crimetracker, home invasion, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000 46 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base 38 min ago
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 21 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos