70-year-old Hilmar man killed in home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Office is looking for two suspects who they say forced their way into a house before shooting and killing an elderly man.
Investigators say the attack happened just before 1 a.m. Monday morning at Tegner and Johnson.
They say the men shot and killed 70-year-old Roberto Solorio.
Another man was also shot but he is expected to survive.
The Sheriff's Office says they are searching for a motive behind the attack.
"Some of these have a history of narcotic stashing houses, or seems like that. There's no indication of narcotics or anything like that at this residence," Deputy Tom MacKenzie said.
Action News talked to a family member who says a woman and two teenagers were in the house during the attack.
If you have any information about the case, call the Merced County Sheriff's Office.
hilmar, merced county, shooting, crimetracker, home invasion, local, mariana jacob
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops