Bakersfield family wins $17 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With so much attention on Friday's whopping Mega Millions lottery, it's easy to forget there are several other California lottery jackpots to be won on any given day. A Bakersfield family got a $17 million dollar reminder on Tuesday.
Teresa Seranno and her family made the trip to Fresno to pick-up a big cardboard check. Soon they'll get a real one from California Lottery officials worth $17 million. Teresa matched all six numbers in Saturday's Super Lotto drawing. The Serranos came to the United States from Mexico and their daughter says the jackpot will help complete a very important task in their hometown.
Teresa's husband works at Ikea in Bakersfield and he says he does not plan to quit his job.
The couple opted for the lump-sum payment, which means they'll get more than $8 million after taxes.
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'