Bakersfield family wins $17 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With so much attention on Friday's whopping Mega Millions lottery, it's easy to forget there are several other California lottery jackpots to be won on any given day. A Bakersfield family got a $17 million dollar reminder on Tuesday.
Teresa Seranno and her family made the trip to Fresno to pick-up a big cardboard check. Soon they'll get a real one from California Lottery officials worth $17 million. Teresa matched all six numbers in Saturday's Super Lotto drawing. The Serranos came to the United States from Mexico and their daughter says the jackpot will help complete a very important task in their hometown.
Teresa's husband works at Ikea in Bakersfield and he says he does not plan to quit his job.
The couple opted for the lump-sum payment, which means they'll get more than $8 million after taxes.
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested 10 min ago
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos