Bakersfield family wins $17 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With so much attention on Friday's whopping Mega Millions lottery, it's easy to forget there are several other California lottery jackpots to be won on any given day. A Bakersfield family got a $17 million dollar reminder on Tuesday.
Teresa Seranno and her family made the trip to Fresno to pick-up a big cardboard check. Soon they'll get a real one from California Lottery officials worth $17 million. Teresa matched all six numbers in Saturday's Super Lotto drawing. The Serranos came to the United States from Mexico and their daughter says the jackpot will help complete a very important task in their hometown.
Teresa's husband works at Ikea in Bakersfield and he says he does not plan to quit his job.
The couple opted for the lump-sum payment, which means they'll get more than $8 million after taxes.
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 54 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Police search for suspects who shot a...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos