Bakersfield family wins $17 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With so much attention on Friday's whopping Mega Millions lottery, it's easy to forget there are several other California lottery jackpots to be won on any given day. A Bakersfield family got a $17 million dollar reminder on Tuesday.
Teresa Seranno and her family made the trip to Fresno to pick-up a big cardboard check. Soon they'll get a real one from California Lottery officials worth $17 million. Teresa matched all six numbers in Saturday's Super Lotto drawing. The Serranos came to the United States from Mexico and their daughter says the jackpot will help complete a very important task in their hometown.
Teresa's husband works at Ikea in Bakersfield and he says he does not plan to quit his job.
The couple opted for the lump-sum payment, which means they'll get more than $8 million after taxes.
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 17 min ago
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts