New Charles Manson photo shows shaggy, aged prisoner
LOS ANGELES -- California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted cult killer Charles Manson that shows the 77-year-old with long hair, a shaggy beard and a swastika scar on his forehead.
The photo was taken last June and released Wednesday. The buzz cut he had in his last picture is gone, his hair and beard are now long and gray. He's had the carved swastika scar for decades.
Manson is scheduled for his 12th parole hearing next week. He's serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the killings of nine people, including the 1969 deaths of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people in cult attacks.
Three of his followers also are serving life sentences. A fourth, Susan Atkins, died in prison in 2009.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos