New Charles Manson photo shows shaggy, aged prisoner
LOS ANGELES -- California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted cult killer Charles Manson that shows the 77-year-old with long hair, a shaggy beard and a swastika scar on his forehead.
The photo was taken last June and released Wednesday. The buzz cut he had in his last picture is gone, his hair and beard are now long and gray. He's had the carved swastika scar for decades.
Manson is scheduled for his 12th parole hearing next week. He's serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the killings of nine people, including the 1969 deaths of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people in cult attacks.
Three of his followers also are serving life sentences. A fourth, Susan Atkins, died in prison in 2009.
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 2 min ago
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos