Trayvon Martin rally held in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A rally and candlelight vigil was held in Downtown Fresno tonight for a Florida teen who was shot to death.
The event was led by reverend Floyd D. Harris Junior. Some of the people who turned out wore hoodies in honor of Trayvon Martin.
Martin was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman. Martin's family and supporters want Zimmerman arrested. But police say that a self-defense law referred to as Stand Your Ground is preventing them from doing that.
protest, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch