Heavy rains and wind cause problems around Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friday's combination of wind and rain caused big problems for many Valley residents.
One Kerman family's carport and home were damaged by high winds, and the family was grateful that no one was hurt in the incident.
At the same time, heavy rain caused flooding in the Fresno State area on Friday afternoon, and several drivers tried to make their way down the streets but the water was just too deep and some vehicles got stuck.
Many Fresno State students went outside to check on their cars and take pictures of the floods.
On 10th Street, near the University Village Apartments, several student's cars were submerged. The water covered sidewalks and walkways.
Many said they were not able to get out of the parking lot. Action News found one man whose car had several inches of water in it.
He was parked outside his parents' apartment on 9th street when the rain began to pour down. Shortly after the water rose up into some of the cars.
"The rain started coming down, and I noticed it when it started getting to maybe right here. I was like okay, let me try to move it. But water was already up to here and I didn't want to have water spill into it. But, apparently it got into it. It's all bad," Ezekiel Lopez of Fresno said.
There was also some flooding reported in the Ashlan and 1st area.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, flooding, local
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno 44 min ago
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 9 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 21 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 3 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 36 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos