The second spring storm this week rolls through the Central Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rain has been coming down all morning around the Valley in the third straight day of storms.
The North Valley is bracing for more damage Friday, one day after another storm dumped heavy amounts of rain and hail.
In Atwater, semi trucks moved slowly through flooded streets. In other parts of the city, homes were surrounded by high water.
One two truck driver talked about rescuing cars during the storm. "I had a car, a family of three try to drive through some water. It was waste deep and I could barely get my town truck there to get them out," said Mike Albright with Bill's Towing.
Residents there are still trying to assess the damage. Some say their homes flooded, and that it likely cost them thousands of dollars to clean up the mess.
Some residents in the North Valley say they had to use paddle boats to get to work because of major flooding. An Action News viewer posted a photo on our Facebook page show two men using a canoe -- allegedly to get out of the flooded area. The photo was taken in Atwater on Schafer road.
Wednesday's storm brought an unusual rash of lightning strikes in the South Valley. Lightning struck a palm tree in Southwest Visalia. The lightning sent palm tree leaves all over the yard and ignited a small fire on the tree. The bolt also took out electricity and ruined appliances for several neighbors.
Some Valley fire departments are bringing in extra staff Friday to handle any storm-related emergency calls. Lightning continues to be a concern for parts of the Valley. Visalia firefighters will have extra staff ready to respond to emergency calls throughout the town.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for the latest storm coverage.
atwater, merced, merced county, visalia, tulare, tulare county, fresno, fresno county, local, doug collins
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Fresno State Bulldogs arrive in Las Vegas
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos