Shaela Warkentin sings national anthem at Grizzlies opener
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Despite rainy weather, the Fresno Grizzlies' home opener went on as scheduled at Chukchansi Park Friday night.
Bad weather cut down attendance by half, but the cold and rain didn't dampen the spirit of a special guest at the ballpark.
Shaela Warkentin sang the national anthem at tonight's game.
The Bullard High School student lost her vision after a car crash in March 2011. She spent months in the hospital recovering and even more time at home before heading back to school, but she has never allowed the injury to stop her.
fresno grizzlies, fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor