Former Fresno County DA Ed Hunt hospitalized
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Fresno County district attorney Ed Hunt is in a Valley hospital after suffering what's described as a serious cardiac episode.
Current district attorney Elizabeth Egan made the announcement. Egan said according to Hunt's family, the heart issues began Friday morning. They are requesting privacy.
The family issued a statement, saying: "Ed is a fighter and has always come out on top. We are all hoping for the best. We are asking you to join our family in prayer for his healthy recovery."
Hunt was district attorney for 20 years before he was replaced by Egan in 2002.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 1 dead, 15 hurt 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo