Former Fresno County DA Ed Hunt hospitalized
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Fresno County district attorney Ed Hunt is in a Valley hospital after suffering what's described as a serious cardiac episode.
Current district attorney Elizabeth Egan made the announcement. Egan said according to Hunt's family, the heart issues began Friday morning. They are requesting privacy.
The family issued a statement, saying: "Ed is a fighter and has always come out on top. We are all hoping for the best. We are asking you to join our family in prayer for his healthy recovery."
Hunt was district attorney for 20 years before he was replaced by Egan in 2002.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos