Fresno Co Sheriff's look for missing teen suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help in locating a Fresno man wanted for questioning in the disappearance of 16-year-old Sammy Mercado.
The sheriff's department is looking for 21-year-old Ernie Chanmany. They are also looking for two vehicles -- a green lifted 1995 Dodge Ram extended cab 4x4 pick-up truck, CA license #54467A1, and a red 1997 Dodge extended cab pick-up truck, CA license #4HPU643.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department say Sammy Mercado and two other people intended to steal marijuana from a grow operation on the southwest corner of Annadale and Willow. As Mercado exited their car, two men came out of a homemade hut on the grow site, and one of the men started shooting.
The sheriff's department says the two people with Mercado fled the scene. They say he was last seen laying on the ground next to the marijuana grow.
The sheriff's department says Mercado may have been shot.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Chanmany or the two vehicles, are asked to contact the Fresno County Sheriff's Office at 488-3111.
crimetracker, missing person, shooting, marijuana, fresno county sheriff department, fresno, fresno county, clovis, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 29 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network