Family of six loses home in SW Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of six is without a home Wednesday afternoon, after a fast-moving fire in Southwest Fresno.
Investigators were called to the scene on Jensen near Fruit around 10:30 a.m.
Fire crews worked quickly to put out the flames. The two adults and four children living in the home were not hurt.
"The occupants of the house were outside, taking care of some business outside," said Fire Captain Paul Garnier. "Turned around and saw that their house was smoking and on fire and they called 911."
One firefighter was injured. He suffered minor burns to his ears.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos