Family of six loses home in SW Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of six is without a home Wednesday afternoon, after a fast-moving fire in Southwest Fresno.
Investigators were called to the scene on Jensen near Fruit around 10:30 a.m.
Fire crews worked quickly to put out the flames. The two adults and four children living in the home were not hurt.
"The occupants of the house were outside, taking care of some business outside," said Fire Captain Paul Garnier. "Turned around and saw that their house was smoking and on fire and they called 911."
One firefighter was injured. He suffered minor burns to his ears.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 2 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 25 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart