Family of six loses home in SW Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of six is without a home Wednesday afternoon, after a fast-moving fire in Southwest Fresno.
Investigators were called to the scene on Jensen near Fruit around 10:30 a.m.
Fire crews worked quickly to put out the flames. The two adults and four children living in the home were not hurt.
"The occupants of the house were outside, taking care of some business outside," said Fire Captain Paul Garnier. "Turned around and saw that their house was smoking and on fire and they called 911."
One firefighter was injured. He suffered minor burns to his ears.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 8 min ago
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno 12 min ago
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos