Ex-Fresno foster parent goes to prison for sex crimes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge gave William Green a sixteen year sentence for having sexual relations with two foster children who lived in his home, including a 13-year-old.
The youngest victim told the court she is afraid of the suspect and worries about him ever getting released. The judge called the victim courageous before sending Green away for a long time.
William Green asked the judge for leniency Thursday after apologizing for a crime that Judge James Petrucelli said will forever stay with his teenage victims. "The people I've hurt within, the people I've mentored, my coworkers, the community that I've served under as a volunteer aide, and anyone involved."
We are protecting the identity of the victim, who was 13 at the time. She asked the court for the maximum sentence and provided to Action News the written statement she read to the court. It said, "Trying to cover the pain that William Green put me through, I started cutting myself. The scars remind me of my innocence being taken away."
Although Green had no prior criminal history the judge handed him a 16 year sentence that also requires he register as a sex offender once he is released from prison.
Judge James Petruccelli said, "The defendant has engaged in violent conduct and indicates a serious danger to society and this court certainly notes that sexual assault on a minor is violent conduct."
The prosecutor felt the judge was fair in considering the entire case before making his ruling.
"It certainly appeared justified based on the facts," said Gabriel Brickey. "The defendants again, position of trust was a big aggravating factor the judge clearly took into consideration."
The victim also told the court, "I constantly replay the crimes over and over in my head. I am constantly asking why me? Why me? What did I do to deserve this?"
William Green said he feels he can still be a productive member of society someday and looks forward to his eventual release from prison, and one day becoming a father again.
fresno county, sex crimes, crimetracker, court, fresno, local, sontaya rose
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 14 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home