20 year anniversary of Ewell family murders
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the most infamous crimes prosecuted by Ed Hunt's DA office took place exactly twenty years ago today.
In 1992, Dana Ewell had his college friend Joel Radovcich kill Ewell's father, mother, and sister in their Sunnyside-area home.
Dale Ewell was a businessman and multi-millionaire. He had just returned from a weekend on the coast with his wife Glee and Dana's older sister Tiffany.
Detectives believed Dana Ewell had his parents and sister killed so he could inherit the family fortune. And he convinced his college roommate to execute the family by promising Radovcich part of the money.
Ewell and Radovcich were later convicted of triple murder and both are currently serving life sentences in prison. The case generated national attention with books and made for TV movies.
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos