20 year anniversary of Ewell family murders
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the most infamous crimes prosecuted by Ed Hunt's DA office took place exactly twenty years ago today.
In 1992, Dana Ewell had his college friend Joel Radovcich kill Ewell's father, mother, and sister in their Sunnyside-area home.
Dale Ewell was a businessman and multi-millionaire. He had just returned from a weekend on the coast with his wife Glee and Dana's older sister Tiffany.
Detectives believed Dana Ewell had his parents and sister killed so he could inherit the family fortune. And he convinced his college roommate to execute the family by promising Radovcich part of the money.
Ewell and Radovcich were later convicted of triple murder and both are currently serving life sentences in prison. The case generated national attention with books and made for TV movies.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe