20 year anniversary of Ewell family murders
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the most infamous crimes prosecuted by Ed Hunt's DA office took place exactly twenty years ago today.
In 1992, Dana Ewell had his college friend Joel Radovcich kill Ewell's father, mother, and sister in their Sunnyside-area home.
Dale Ewell was a businessman and multi-millionaire. He had just returned from a weekend on the coast with his wife Glee and Dana's older sister Tiffany.
Detectives believed Dana Ewell had his parents and sister killed so he could inherit the family fortune. And he convinced his college roommate to execute the family by promising Radovcich part of the money.
Ewell and Radovcich were later convicted of triple murder and both are currently serving life sentences in prison. The case generated national attention with books and made for TV movies.
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals