House fire in Southwest Fresno displaces family
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno family was displaced Friday morning after a fire broke out in a Southwest Fresno home.
The flames broke out in the attic of a home on south Ivy near Lorena around 2 this morning. Fire officials say the family faced a double danger in the home because not only were the windows barred but the smoke detector wasn't working.
The family inside the home did manage to wake up and got out. Officials say this incident should be a warning for people with bars on their windows to have safety measures which allow them to escape their homes in case of a fire.
fire, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires