2 teen girls stabbed in brawl outside Fresno Co Jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are sorting through eyewitness accounts of a double stabbing in Downtown Fresno. Two teenage girls were stabbed by a woman.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. Sunday outside the Fresno County Jail on 'M' Street and Fresno Street.
The woman who stabbed the girls in Downtown Fresno Sunday afternoon has not been arrested, but the sheriff's office says they're closing in on her. They say the victims know their attacker.
A crowd gathered outside the Fresno County Jail Sunday afternoon following a brawl near the jail lobby.
"I just turned around and they were all in a brawl. It just happened really fast," said eyewitness Lorenzo Trevino, "two of the girls got wounded, I guess they got stabbed in the chest.
Trevino was standing feet from where the fight took place. Sheriff's officials say four women were involved in the incident. Several other people witnessed the stabbing, but didn't want to be identified.
Lt. Robert Salazar with the Fresno County Sheriff's office said the victims are 15 and 16 year old girls. "As officers responded, went out to quell the disturbance. And the suspect got into a car that was waiting there at the curb and fled the scene."
Fresno Police assisted the Sheriff's office at the scene. The two victims were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators spent the afternoon talking to the victims. It's not clear how the fight started, investigators believe the victims and the suspects know each other.
Deputies were searching for two woman Sunday night -- the suspected stabber and her female getaway driver.
stabbing, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 20 min ago
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos