No sign of missing San Joaquin River swimmer
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 24 hours after a Fresno man slipped underwater while swimming in the San Joaquin River -- there is still no sign of the 20-year-old.
Searchers spent most of Monday scouring the area where the victim initially went under. Search and rescue teams used paddle boats and air support to look for Nick Gilbert.
Friends and family also waited along the shoreline for any new developments.
Many of Nick's friends say they heard him holler for help, before he went under.
The sheriff's office continued their search until dusk. They haven't decided whether the search will resume Tuesday.
san joaquin river, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, madera ranchos, madera county, local, sontaya rose
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos