No sign of missing San Joaquin River swimmer
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 24 hours after a Fresno man slipped underwater while swimming in the San Joaquin River -- there is still no sign of the 20-year-old.
Searchers spent most of Monday scouring the area where the victim initially went under. Search and rescue teams used paddle boats and air support to look for Nick Gilbert.
Friends and family also waited along the shoreline for any new developments.
Many of Nick's friends say they heard him holler for help, before he went under.
The sheriff's office continued their search until dusk. They haven't decided whether the search will resume Tuesday.
san joaquin river, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, madera ranchos, madera county, local, sontaya rose
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe