No sign of missing San Joaquin River swimmer
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 24 hours after a Fresno man slipped underwater while swimming in the San Joaquin River -- there is still no sign of the 20-year-old.
Searchers spent most of Monday scouring the area where the victim initially went under. Search and rescue teams used paddle boats and air support to look for Nick Gilbert.
Friends and family also waited along the shoreline for any new developments.
Many of Nick's friends say they heard him holler for help, before he went under.
The sheriff's office continued their search until dusk. They haven't decided whether the search will resume Tuesday.
san joaquin river, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, madera ranchos, madera county, local, sontaya rose
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 4 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors 17 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol...
23 min ago