Hoover HS teacher charged for lewd acts with a minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Charges were filed against a local high school teacher accused of having sex with one of her students.
Megan Denman, 29, is charged with six felony counts for engaging in lewd acts with a minor.
The Hoover High School social sciences teacher bailed out of jail two weeks ago.
Police say the victim was a student at Hoover High -- and was 17-years-old when the alleged relationship began.
Denman has been described as a well-liked and popular teacher.
She is now on paid administrative leave.
fresno, sex crimes, crimetracker, fresno county, local
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto 19 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Residents concerned over proposed chemical warehouse
- 16th-century manual shows 'rocket cat' weaponry
- Buchanan High percussionist to play at Carnegie Hall
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day
- Fresno mayor seeks state controller position