Hoover HS teacher charged for lewd acts with a minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Charges were filed against a local high school teacher accused of having sex with one of her students.
Megan Denman, 29, is charged with six felony counts for engaging in lewd acts with a minor.
The Hoover High School social sciences teacher bailed out of jail two weeks ago.
Police say the victim was a student at Hoover High -- and was 17-years-old when the alleged relationship began.
Denman has been described as a well-liked and popular teacher.
She is now on paid administrative leave.
fresno, sex crimes, crimetracker, fresno county, local
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes