Toddler & two others accidentally shot in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are recovering after police say they were accidentally shot. It happened at a home near Second Place and Home in Hanford.
Kings County sheriff's investigators say that David Michael Meyer fired about three rounds from his shotgun. The pellet's hit two women and a 2-year-old who were sitting outside in the yard of their nearby home.
All received superficial wounds and were treated and released from the hospital. The 2-year-old received a wound to her cheek, Blanca Nava received a wound to her right arm, and Ausia Prieto received a wound to her cheek. All three were treated and released.
In a press release, The Kings County Sheriff's Department said Meyer provided a statement and admitted to firing the shotgun. However, they do not believed he intended to fire at the victims that were hit. The Sheriff's Department said Meyer maintains it was an accident.
Meyer was be booked into the Kings County Jail for negligent discharge of firearm. Bail was set at $5,000.
crimetracker, shooting, hanford, kings county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos