Toddler & two others accidentally shot in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are recovering after police say they were accidentally shot. It happened at a home near Second Place and Home in Hanford.
Kings County sheriff's investigators say that David Michael Meyer fired about three rounds from his shotgun. The pellet's hit two women and a 2-year-old who were sitting outside in the yard of their nearby home.
All received superficial wounds and were treated and released from the hospital. The 2-year-old received a wound to her cheek, Blanca Nava received a wound to her right arm, and Ausia Prieto received a wound to her cheek. All three were treated and released.
In a press release, The Kings County Sheriff's Department said Meyer provided a statement and admitted to firing the shotgun. However, they do not believed he intended to fire at the victims that were hit. The Sheriff's Department said Meyer maintains it was an accident.
Meyer was be booked into the Kings County Jail for negligent discharge of firearm. Bail was set at $5,000.
crimetracker, shooting, hanford, kings county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos