Toddler & two others accidentally shot in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are recovering after police say they were accidentally shot. It happened at a home near Second Place and Home in Hanford.
Kings County sheriff's investigators say that David Michael Meyer fired about three rounds from his shotgun. The pellet's hit two women and a 2-year-old who were sitting outside in the yard of their nearby home.
All received superficial wounds and were treated and released from the hospital. The 2-year-old received a wound to her cheek, Blanca Nava received a wound to her right arm, and Ausia Prieto received a wound to her cheek. All three were treated and released.
In a press release, The Kings County Sheriff's Department said Meyer provided a statement and admitted to firing the shotgun. However, they do not believed he intended to fire at the victims that were hit. The Sheriff's Department said Meyer maintains it was an accident.
Meyer was be booked into the Kings County Jail for negligent discharge of firearm. Bail was set at $5,000.
crimetracker, shooting, hanford, kings county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members