Toddler & two others accidentally shot in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are recovering after police say they were accidentally shot. It happened at a home near Second Place and Home in Hanford.
Kings County sheriff's investigators say that David Michael Meyer fired about three rounds from his shotgun. The pellet's hit two women and a 2-year-old who were sitting outside in the yard of their nearby home.
All received superficial wounds and were treated and released from the hospital. The 2-year-old received a wound to her cheek, Blanca Nava received a wound to her right arm, and Ausia Prieto received a wound to her cheek. All three were treated and released.
In a press release, The Kings County Sheriff's Department said Meyer provided a statement and admitted to firing the shotgun. However, they do not believed he intended to fire at the victims that were hit. The Sheriff's Department said Meyer maintains it was an accident.
Meyer was be booked into the Kings County Jail for negligent discharge of firearm. Bail was set at $5,000.
crimetracker, shooting, hanford, kings county, local
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 3 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 52 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 59 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos