Fresno Police investigate house fire at marijuana grow
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are looking into a fire that broke out at a home housing a marijuana grow.
Police say an electrical fire broke out just before 11:30 p.m. Monday night at a home in Northwest Fresno on Wathen near Wheeler. The fire was contained to a PG&E meter outside the house.
No one was home at the time of the fire and firefighters had to force entry to keep the fire from spreading into the house.
Officials found about 100 marijuana plants inside the home. Fresno Police say the homeowner claimed to have a permit for the marijuana grow, and legal advisors will be going into the home to make sure the grow isn't breaking any laws.
Fresno Police are calling the fire suspicious and say detectives will be on scene to investigate later today.
fire, marijuana, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 2 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos