Fresno Police investigate house fire at marijuana grow
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are looking into a fire that broke out at a home housing a marijuana grow.
Police say an electrical fire broke out just before 11:30 p.m. Monday night at a home in Northwest Fresno on Wathen near Wheeler. The fire was contained to a PG&E meter outside the house.
No one was home at the time of the fire and firefighters had to force entry to keep the fire from spreading into the house.
Officials found about 100 marijuana plants inside the home. Fresno Police say the homeowner claimed to have a permit for the marijuana grow, and legal advisors will be going into the home to make sure the grow isn't breaking any laws.
Fresno Police are calling the fire suspicious and say detectives will be on scene to investigate later today.
fire, marijuana, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 23 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos