Fresno Police investigate house fire at marijuana grow
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are looking into a fire that broke out at a home housing a marijuana grow.
Police say an electrical fire broke out just before 11:30 p.m. Monday night at a home in Northwest Fresno on Wathen near Wheeler. The fire was contained to a PG&E meter outside the house.
No one was home at the time of the fire and firefighters had to force entry to keep the fire from spreading into the house.
Officials found about 100 marijuana plants inside the home. Fresno Police say the homeowner claimed to have a permit for the marijuana grow, and legal advisors will be going into the home to make sure the grow isn't breaking any laws.
Fresno Police are calling the fire suspicious and say detectives will be on scene to investigate later today.
fire, marijuana, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident